Vacancy - Editor-in-Chief
Professor Kostas Fountoulakis has served as Editor-in-Chief of Annals of General Psychiatry for more than a decade, and the time has come for him to step down to pursue other projects. Professor Fountoulakis and BMC are therefore seeking a new Editor-in-Chief for the journal to take over from him. Professor Fountoulakis will continue to serve as Editor-in-Chief in the interim.
The newly appointed Editor-in-Chief will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in the Journal and for ensuring that the ethos, scope, editorial standards and policies of Annals of General Psychiatry are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of non-research content.
Annals of General Psychiatry considers manuscripts on all aspects of psychiatry, including neuroscience and psychological medicine. Both basic and clinical neuroscience contributions are encouraged.
Annals of General Psychiatry emphasizes a biopsychosocial approach to illness and health and strongly supports and follows the principles of evidence-based medicine. The journal considers submissions on a wide range of topics including, but not limited to, clinical psychiatry, psychopharmacology, psychological psychiatry, psychotherapies, forensic psychiatry, psychiatric genetics and specific mental disorders including psychotic, mood and anxiety disorders, as well as mental health care policy and issues.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Physicians and researchers with broad experience in the field of psychiatry, able to demonstrate their impact in the field with an extensive publication history.
- Experienced as journal Editors, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- Keen supporters of open access publishing.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership.
- Excellent strategic planners with the ability to develop a clear vision for Annals of General Psychiatry.
- Interested in building strong community relationships with psychiatrists at all levels.
- Keen to innovate and continuously develop Annals of General Psychiatry.
- Engaged with technology and willing to use the Journal’s online submission and peer review tools.
- Able to dedicate time on a regular basis to a thriving journal.
Annals of General Psychiatry is currently supported by Editorial Office run by the publisher for administrative services, and is further supported by a committed team of Deputy Editors. The position offers an honorarium; whilst the time commitment is flexible, we anticipate the post-holder would also have a full-time position elsewhere.
Term of appointment
The term of office will be for five years, with an option for renewal by mutual consent for a further five years.
Further details regarding the role and a detailed job description can be obtained by contacting Sam Cruickshank, Senior Journal Development Editor, at email@example.com
Individual and joint applications will be considered. Applications should include a full CV, a letter explaining your interest in the post, and an outline of what your editorial policy and vision might be. Applications should be sent to Sam Cruickshank at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ISSN: 1744-859X (electronic)